His quilt of many colors is finally finished, and laid across his furs. I know not what he will think or if he will even approve. It is but a humble offering by my hands to him. A small token of the need to please him. I am considering making some pillows to match, but I am unsure of going that step yet until I know what this offering will bring. I think I am in need of a long walk. I saw him leave earlier, and am tempted to follow after. I cannot assume he would wish the company, especially that of a slave.
I dared approach one Master to beg of some leather, explaining to him the surprise I had planned. At first he shoved me away, telling me to return to the wagon of my owner until he paused and asked who my owner was, given I have no outward sign such as collar or signature knot that claims me as his. He seemed surprised when I told him. He questioned me as to why I would do such a thing without his expressing a desire for one, and gave me a very stern talking to as well about the value of leather to the people. He also warned me that if I do this, and use the leather and he is displeased by it, that I run the risk of stern punishment. He asked if that was a risk I was willing to take. I told him yes, it was, that it was a risk worth taking if it did please him, and if it didn't, well the leather may be able to be replaced with what he takes from my own hide. He nodded and dismissed me, with the words he would think on it. I pressed my face to the dirt and left quickly, thanking him. His consideration is all I could beg for.
I'll wait and see his reaction, if any, over the quilt. I'm making a point to be off doing chores so he will find it on his own time. Plus that will give me time to prepare myself for his anger if indeed that is what I will face. I'm holding my breath....


0 comments:
Post a Comment